Life After the B.S was born from a book I recently picked up at a thrift store and read (something you will find I do quite frequently). Said book was The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin, where the author takes a year to document her discoveries about finding happiness in her life. As I read the book, I found myself identifying with the author quite a bit and decided that I wanted to undertake a similar endeavor. With school finishing soon and so many uncertain things lying ahead of me, I decided that taking the next year to challenge myself with this little project would be a great task (or another homework project…we’ll see). Over the next year, I plan on developing this blog to share my progress on my own personal happiness project.
Now that I have explained my purpose behind this blog, some introductions are in order. Here are 10 things you should know about me:
- I love to read literally anything… except for product manuals (that’s what my four year degree and little descriptive pictures are for ;))
- I drink more coffee than I do water. Pretty sure that’s normal…
- I am a horseback rider. Sidenote: I want to learn mounted shooting, so if you know a person hit me up!
- I am a native Iowan
- Whenever people have you introduce yourself with an interesting fact, I always say there’s nothing interesting about myself. Does anyone else have this problem?
- Secretly, I am a boss at knitting.
- I currently work in the marketing research field for an animal health company. I love market research and crunching numbers. I’m a total nerd and not ashamed.
- I can spend copious amounts of time at Hobby Lobby and not even feel like I wasted any time. Thank you Hobby Lobby for distracting me with so many beautiful crafting supplies, even if I do buy things with the best intentions of using them and never take them out of the package. Curse you modern marketing for such beautiful package designs!
- I am one of those annoying people that actually enjoys mornings.
- After taking the Myers-Briggs test several times, I still am not sure if I am an introvert or an extrovert. The struggles.
Coming up soon in future posts, I will share more about my specific resolutions for my own personal happiness project so stay tuned! Have any of you ever implemented your own personal quest for happiness/meaning/etc in your lives? If so, what were goals or resolutions you sought after achieving?